Millisecond accurate USB response pad with voice key key features
It doesn't matter which experiment generator you use to run your computer-based Psychology experiments the new Black Box ToolKit USB response pad with voice key helps improve your millisecond response time accuracy.
Simply plug in to a USB port on your PC/Mac/Linux system and our response box will appear as a second keyboard. Press a button and a standard keystroke will be sent to your experiment. No need for drivers, no need to recode! Works out of the box with E-Prime, SuperLab, Presentation, Inquisit, PsychoPy or any other software that can accept standard keyboard responses.
What's more if your participants make a vocal response this also produces a standard key press and TTL event mark! Simple to use and simple to setup with tunable vocal activation threshold. It's your choice whether to use it as a standard response pad or use it as a voice key.
Finished in an attractive carbon fibre effect our response box houses up to 8 buttons in a range of colours and locations.
High accuracy, low variability
To measure a real world RT of 300ms accurately you need all components of your system to be functioning optimally. We guarantee that the variability of our response devices is as low as possible compared with any other alternative. For example a typical keyboard and mouse have a much greater level of inaccuracy and variability (in this example 340ms and +/- 27ms).
*Remember although our USB response pads are millisecond accurate and help reduce RT variability in your experiments they can't automatically correct for any mistimings that are inherent within the experiment generator you use.
If you wish to check the accuracy and consistency of your experiment generator, or system as a whole, you are advised to use a Black Box ToolKit v2 together with a BBTK USB response pad.
All voice key enabled response pads ship with a headset, USB host lead and standard TTL lead.
- Sleek carbon fibre enclosure around the size of a paperback book (202mm length x 137mm LW)
- Choice of 1 to 8 buttons (30 mm dia)
- Works out of the box with PCs/Macs/Linux
- Compatible with all Psychology experiment generators, e.g. E-Prime, SuperLab, Presentation, Inquisit, DMDX, ERTS, DirectRT, PsyScope, PsychoPy etc.
- Needs no drivers – fully plug in & play
- Appears as a second keyboard
- Map buttons and voice key to any keystroke you need
- Supplied with comfortable stereo headset with condenser microphone
- Fully adjustable 'set and forget' vocal activation or crossing threshold (once threshold is passed a standard keystroke is produced)
- It's your choice whether to use it as a standard response pad or use it as a voice key
- Full-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0)
- Scans for a press or voice key activation 45,500 times every second in USB mode and 221,000 times a second in BBTK response box mode
- Guarantee millisecond accurate responses*
- Built-in TTL event marking for EEG, biofeedback, fMRI and time audit
- Use up to 4x external buttons
- 4x Active Switch Closures trigger your own response device
- Works with the Black Box ToolKit allowing it to take over all stimulus and response timing duties
Note: You do not need a Black Box ToolKit to use our USB response pad with your experiment as it works just like a standard keyboard.
- Choice of button colours and locations
- Clear cap buttons available in a range of colours (put your own labels under a clear plastic 21mm dia button cover)
- Default buttons map to keyboard keys 1-8, voice key to 0
- 4x non slip rubber feet
- Sturdy construction means it will last for years
- Can be used with headset or standalone microphone
- Uses high quality 30mm diameter Japanese arcade machine buttons certified for over 1,000,000 key presses
- Fully updatable firmware
- Published timing characteristics: right first time, every time!
|Unless otherwise labelled, all products offered for sale by The Black Box ToolKit Ltd are for academic study and/or research use only.